Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Big Day!

So, moving day is just a few days away now! I'm so excited. It's ironic that the last ward we'll be leaving for a long time is the hardest ward for us to leave. The rest have been okay, some much better than others, and although there were certain people I missed, it hasn't been terribly difficult to leave any ward. Part of what will be hard is leaving the young women that I've come to love so much. One has been gone for a month in CA visiting her Grandma in Los Banos, and she FINALLY came back Sunday, so I actually got to see her last night. She came up behind me and put her hands on my eyes, and I said "hi Marissa" She said "aww!", and I said, "well, it had to be you! You're the only one I haven't seen in forever!" I'm going to miss these girls. I will have to keep in touch too because I feel kind of bad leaving them at 5 1/2 months pregnant not being able to even tell them the gender of the baby!

Tomorrow we're going to try to go to the temple, since we haven't gone to the Rexburg temple yet. I've done baptisms, and Paul's done a session before, but we haven't gone together yet. That will be a nice end to a great couple semesters.

Graduation is Friday night, and Mom, Chuck, Rachel, AND Sarah, and possibly Melissa are all supposed to be here Friday around noon to help us load up the truck. It will take no time at all with that many people! His parents are supposed to show up that morning sometime too. Then, Saturday, hopefully no later than noon, we will hit the road! We'll be making a stop in Smithfield to see his grandma since we'll be missing the family reunion this year, and grandma's 92 so who knows how many more family reunions she'll make it to.

As for a house update here's what's happening: we did put an offer in on the house in Fresno on Filbert. That's the one with 5 bedrooms, a big yard, and big pool. However, it was VERY popular and there are several offers in on it. We've heard nothing so far, and it's hard to say what will happen except that our chances really don't look that great. Oh well. We've been looking around like crazy and have a couple more houses we're going to go see when we get home that have some potential from what we can tell. There was one other that we saw while we were in CA that we were interested in, and I'm still thinking about it, but for now we have ceased all actions pertaining to house shopping until we get back other than looking at new listings and adding to our list of houses to look at when we return. I think it's best. I certainly don't want to jump the gun or rush into anything. If we're really supposed to get the Filbert house we'll get it on the offer we made. I REALLY like the house. I could live there for a long time. Lots of space inside and out makes it MUCH easier too.

Well, we'll be leaving this place and be back in HOT HOT California very soon! I'm so swimming the DAY we get back! Can't wait to see all the Cali people!

1 comment:

Rebecca Susan said...

Congratulations on finally finishing. I'm glad that so many people are able to make it up to support you--wish we could've been among them! Good luck on the trip home. Be safe and we'll see you very, very soon.