Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life sucks sometimes

last saturday our house was "broken" into. they stole our computer, printer, camera, keys and a very cheap ring (which i'm sure they thought was worth something). this sucks. you ever had that happen? and you just want to find the person who did it and say "you can have my computer if you really want it or need it that bad. really, it's just stuff to me, but please, PLEASE give me back my pictures that you stole. those are irreplaceable."

i know lots of people that use their memory cards, download pictures and then delete them to reuse said card. i didn't delete any of them, just bought more so that if something like this ever happened or my computer crashed or whatever, i'd still have those memories. i was shocked when i saw the empty computer desk, but my one consolation was that i still had all my pictures. but when paul discovered that something else that was missing was our camera...in the case...with all the cards, i cried. i was angry and hurt and sad.

we spent sunday trying to get things back in order. we obviously couldn't go to church since they had a key to the house (we think...we haven't been able to find paul's other set) and a key to the suburban. the locksmith came and replaced all our locks. just when we feel like we're going to be okay, and money came in somewhere that we didn't expect, it has to go out somewhere that we didn't expect. fortunately it was only about $100 to rekey our whole house. and to change the ignition cylinder in the suburban was only $15 (the cost of the part. it's great to have friends who know about things like cars and can help it). and it was actually really simple to fix.

this summer has been awful. i was expecting to actually have the first summer we weren't completely broke since we got married. life was going to be good. we were going to go camping and visiting family and friends and go to the beach, or even just the zoo, and maybe take a vacation or two. we haven't gotten to do any of those things. i hate being broke, but i hate the uncertainty of life more. i hate not being able to spend time making good memories with my husband and kids, but i hate the pressure and depression that paul's been feeling and the fear that creeps in more.

i know, i should count my blessings, and don't get me wrong, i am. i can't believe that we still have money (a decent amount) in savings, and we've been blessed with fantastic friends that have really showed their colors while we're struggling, and with family that prays for us constanly and really cares. because, it's nice just to know that someone cares--really cares and wonders and is concerned for our well being.

so thank you to everyone, thank you to HF for supporting us...but can i make a request? can we be done with this trial now? don't you think two break ins in less than a year is enough?

maybe he's trying to gear us up for moving. maybe this is his way of mentally preparing us for very big changes. well, if that's the case, bring it on because i think i'm there now. i'm ready for a change. i'm ready to follow wherever the path leads just to find some stability and security.

I'm ready for what comes next.

3 comments:

Rebecca Susan said...

Oh, the pictures just. . .grrr!!! When my dorm room was broken into in Hawaii they took (among other things), my wallet, and I was thinking, "Fine, have the only cash and credit card I have to my name, but leave the wallet." I had no ID (I had just been to the student insurance office that day, so my social security card, pocket size certified birth certificate, driver's license and student ID were all inside, making flying home to MT a little more complicated), but the worst part was all the senior pics my friends had given me the year before, all the ones they'd written on the back of, were gone. I was incredibly frustrated and that was just 8 photos! So sorry about all this. We're really praying that things turn around. And SOON.

Kfrogdiva said...

Oh Christa! I am sorry to hear about this. I am one of those stupid fools who erases memory cards and then relies on my computer to hold them till I make disks. Dumb, huh? I am sooo very sorry to hear that you lost pictures! It makes me angry/sad just hearing about it. I know how it feels to not be where you want to be in life. Kris was out of work for almost a year, and just when he was running our of hope, he finally got a job. I am truly truly grateful for my job, family, friends, etc., but I have applied for a LOT of admin jobs, have been to a total of 10 interviews, 7 in the last two summers, and nothing. I have walked out feeling good, but for some reason, it hasn't happened yet. And now we are canceling a trip to see my parents in Oregon hoping I get yet another interview. For me, it is not about the money, it is about feeling ready to make a change (even though teaching hasn't been bad to me). Sometimes the lessons we have to learn in patience pay off in blessings in the end, I have to keep believing and praying for that, for me, for my sister in law who is waiting for new lungs, and for you!

FrankandAsh said...

i'm really sorry. I kind of know how you feel different situation completely but it was one of those when it rains it poors couple or years for me. Sometimes as much as you think you ought to be able to plan out your life it's like hf just has a totally dif plan for you. But I told you Utah is still waiting for you guys:) The economy in utah i think is a little better then some(depending on who you talk to) Anyway I hope things really start looking up for you guys. Hang in there..as if you have any other option right?