Friday, June 25, 2010

Bittersweet

You know those moments. The ones where you sit rocking your child, sleeping or just cuddling, and realize all too abruptly that you don't take these moments often enough. 

I had one of these tonight as I took the time to sit and hold Alexa before tossing her in the crib for bed. These precious moments with my little children will be gone before I know it and I wonder why I don't spend more time with them. I take for granted the fact that they're little and time moves slowly, but really, I know better. Time doesn't move slowly--it flies. I don't want to sit looking back one day wondering why I didn't take more time to just hold my babies.

When I do take those moments and those thoughts hit me it makes me want to sit forever and soak it in. It becomes very hard to let go of said child and I feel like I've been denying myself of one of the most natural relaxants ever created. I want to hold on and instead of itching for them to grow up I long for them stay little.

1 comment:

Maddog Salamander said...

I know what you mean. I miss my son falling asleep in my arms. At 10 months old, he thinks that if daddy has him, that means playtime.

Your kids are beautiful. You and your husband are very lucky to get to spend an eternity with them. They, in turn, are blessed to get to spend eternity with parents who love them enough to teach them of the Plan of Salvation.

Lucky + Blessed = Eternal Happiness