Sunday, July 27, 2008

Is it for real?

Well, we're here back in Cali, and it's a little weird to realize that we're here to stay. Graduation was cool, and it was nice to have so much family there. All together there was me and Keith (of course) Arlin and Diana, Mom and Chuck, and Sarah and Rachel, AND Melissa! It was very cool. They only gave us 3 tickets so Paul ended up standing in line to get six extra tickets! Which, it was a good thing there weren't any more because six was the limit. Paul took Keith with him on his epic walk across stage. I, unfortunately didn't get any good pictures, but mom and Melissa (I think) did, so I do have a couple, and will make sure to post later.

The UHaul trip was pretty uneventful thankfully, except for the sheer amount of time it took. Because we were loaded up and were towing our car we couldn't quite go as quickly as we used to. Mom and Chuck stayed with us, which was nice, especially since Paul had to drive the whole time because I wasn't comfortable driving the truck towing the car, so I let him do it.

Paul starts work tomorrow with Matt Construction. If you're at all curious as to what type of construction specifically that they do, take a look at www.mattconstruction.com. That site is mostly based on their L.A. office, but it gives you an idea of how big the company really is.

I think we have found the house! I know, I know...I've said that before...but this time I mean it! We should know VERY soon what exactly is going on with it, and when we do I will let everyone know. Paul and I are going to try to get mom and Chuck, and possibly his parents to meet us up there, to look at it today. I will post pictures of that too...it's pretty boring empty, and we won't have much furniture to fill it up for awhile, but that's okay!

Even though it's still a bit surreal it's great to be home, and especially where all the swimming pools are. I've gone swimming 3 times in the last week, which is pretty good since our week here started Wednesday, and we've been running around trying to figure things out with houses, and work, and storage for our stuff. It's been busy, but productive. I'm excited to see what comes next.

1 comment:

Kfrogdiva said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you for the graduation and the move back to California. How exciting to be looking at houses! Where exactly? Was it Fresno? It'd be cool to see you, once you are all settled!
We are also excited to hear what the gender of the baby is!