Friday, February 13, 2009

My ADD is showing

Recently, I've been kind of schizo about all my deep desires to learn new things. I think it started when I started going back to my piano lessons as Fresno State with Werz (best teacher ever, seriously). So, I've taken up learning Spanish (or all that I can with the program my hubby bought me a year ago--our CD drive didn't work on the computer, but I didn't know it until after he bought me a whole CD-ROM Spanish program) and now I've gotten back into trying to learn the guitar. I can play Little Red Riding Hood, (such a fun song) and Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer (badly, but it's getting better), and I'm working on the Minute in G so I make sure I can actually read guitar music. My fingers on my left hand are a little tender, but I'm having so much fun. I also figure I will be ahead when I DO finally go back to school since I will be changing my major to avoid marching band, to be replaces by some beginning guitar classes.

The problem now is trying to pull myself away from these other exciting things to practice the piano. It was bad enough when I didn't practice when it was one of my classes, but now that he's doing it in his free time, purely out of the goodness of his heart for no pay, I HAVE to practice, because I wouldn't want to insult him by wasting his time (and let's face it--I need it).

*sigh* I wish I was better about spreading these kinds of things out, but it seems like the interest all comes at once. I guess after I've spent so much time being lazy I try to overcompensate. Well, the Spanish probably won't stick, but the guitar will I think. I'm on my way!

1 comment:

Rebecca Susan said...

Good luck! I feel your excitement/pain. Doug and I have both been having this problem. We both just kind of burned out by the end of 2008, so now that the energy's back, each of us is trying to go in so many different directions. Get busy on the guitar so you'll be ready for my sax when we get back from MT!