Friday, March 27, 2009

But he's not even three yet. . .

Last week (or two maybe?) David (Paul's brother) called and asked if they could take Keith to Disneyland (and San Diego too I guess) cause they're going down there during spring break and apparently decided Disneyland's not enough work with 2 children under 12. Well, at the time I thought I was going to UT. Now I'm not.

David called again yesterday asking if I was going. When I said no, he asked if they could take Keith. Now, for normal reasons, this made me nervous anyway, but when I thought I was going to UT it was okay cause I could say no without having to think about it. Again with the nervousness. . .which only got (much) worse when they tell me just how long they want to take him.

They want to take him like the 3rd of April (next Friday I guess actually) all the way until the 8th.

Wow, that's a long time. Five days and nights? The longest Keith has ever been away from us is two nights when we went to Frisco and he stayed with Mom who he's, by far, the closest to.

Hmm, I'm sure they're waiting for a phone call with the answer. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Rebecca Susan said...

I say so long as you trust his uncle, send him. It'll be fun for him (maybe long, but he'll live), and it'll be good for you. And, hey, if he ends up having a hard time, David's not likely to ask again soon, right? :)

I don't leave my kids that often (when Doug and I go out, we almost always take the kids--we leave them with a sitter/Mom/Amanda/a friend less than every two months or so for any amount of time), but when we do, we make it count by leaving them for days at a time. lol

Anonymous said...

First of all, what does Paul think? If it were me and I didn't feel comfortable with it I wouldn't do it. It may just be your parent love or it may be the spirit's way of telling you not to. Better safe than sorry right?

But if you do trust him and feel comfortable it it giver!

As far as how to say no if that's what you're leaning towards just tell him honestly that it's not that you don't trust him but you don't feel comfortable with it and offer to let him take Keith on shorter outings!

I'm sure you'll make the right decision either way! Good luck!