Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Say it ain't so....

my sweet little three year old has learned how to lie. bummer. i really love that little kids are usually honest to a fault and keith used to be, but somewhere along the way recently he figured out how to look me in the eye and say "no" when the answer is clearly "yes." i got all of alexa's prescriptions from the pharmacy today and i went into the dining room to find all four tubes of medication out of their boxes and on the counter. i said "did you open these?" to which he promptly replied "no." several times, in fact. i said "the dog didn't do it, and i didn't do it, so you must've done it." i finally got him to say yes. i don't know how to punish him. nothing works! so, i've decided that if it's the right time of day, i'll make him take a nap...win-win right? anyhoo.

so, on a different note. i was thinking that if alexa's iron deficient that could explain the amount of sleeping she's doing right? cause iron deficiency can make you tired? anyhoo, if that's the case maybe i don't want to give her the iron supplement, haha. not really, but it is nice to have some free(ish) time while she sleeps and the few times keith is sleeping at the same time. anyhoo, hopefully she'll be better very soon.

2 comments:

Rebecca Susan said...

I've never known an iron deficient infant. What kind of formula do you use? I though iron was one of the ones things they were supposed to add?? Maybe now she'll start growing faster! :)

Three year olds. So much worse than two year olds. "Terrible twos" are nothing. Grrr. I'm impressed that you tried to reason with him. I usually just tell Dylan "Wrong answer" and send him to the corner! LOL Its convenient that he has a sister who can tell me, "He's lying"!

Christa said...

Actually, i was an iron deficient baby. The doc put me on iron and apparently he put me on WAY too much mom tells me. He could've killed me if mom hadn't cut the dose in like half. I heard somewhere that 80% of kids in the US are iron deficient...not sure if that's at all accurate. She's on Kirkland formula.