Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's that time again

I realize she's only 18 months, but I can't take it anymore! Not the three kids in diapers, cause really, that doesn't bother me so much. I don't really care about changing all their diapers. What I can't stand is the hyper-sensitivity of Alexa's bum! It is constantly red and reacts to pretty much everything put on it or near it. I just want it to not hurt for her anymore.

So, I bought underwear. Yep, I'm going to try to potty train my darling little girl because I think she'll be so much happier if her bum doesn't constantly have an itch rash. I think she's ready, I really do. She's waking up dry from naps and she's pretty smart. So wish my luck! Cause I'm starting this business really soon.

3 comments:

Rebecca Susan said...

Good luck! 18 months (oh, I guess she's 19 now) is pretty young for potty training, but I saw what you meant by her poor little sensitive bum. When we had her, she sat in a dirty diaper once for about 5 minutes, maybe 10 at most, while I finished something, and in just that time she was all red and ouchie!! :( I think a kid like that would convert me to cloth diapers. I hope for her sake (and yours!) that it is successful.

FrankandAsh said...

I hope all goes well. I'm actually surprised Parker hasn't been prone to diaper rash sense the rest of his skin is so sensitive. I remember awhile ago you said she had thrush, if it's possible that it's that you can try probiotics. You can get them from the health food store in the refrigerated section. Thrush gets in their gi tract and can continue coming back. Hopefully everything works out well!

Missy said...

That is awesome. I say go for it. Tayler was potty train at 19 months and it was the best thing for her and me at that time! The younger you teach them the better off they are is what my Doctor told me. I really believe him too. Cause potty training Tayler at 19 months was so quick it only took a week for her to catch on and when I waited for Nessa at 2 1/2 years it took over a month for her to catch on, cause she new she could get away with going in a diaper and Tayler didn't really realize that when she was 19 months. GOOD LUCK I AM ALL FOR IT!!!!