Tuesday, March 22, 2011

allow me a moment

i must be doing something right because it seems i've had more good days than i've had for a long time. the problem is the swinging wildly from one day to the next. how do i keep from vacillating between a pretty good day and a i-just-can't-do-this-anymore days? 

i can't figure it out! and it's driving me crazy.

is it normal to have super productive days next to super lazy days? is there a way to even them out so i have mostly productive days every day instead of great days next to wasted ones? 

ugh, i can't figure this wife/mom/homemaker thing out. i can't seem to find my balance. does it ever get better?

i'm super grateful i've had a lot more "life is good" days recently in the last couple months than in the last 3 years combined...i jest (but not). but i wish i could find the magic formula. the reason for my upbeat content days. 

don't get me wrong. i understand that there will always be i-just-can't-do-this-anymore days no matter what. and i'm okay with that.

but i'd love to see the pendulum swing so far the other way that those are the off days and not the standard. my mountains are great...it's the valleys that aren't so great.



here's to hoping the valleys get narrower, the climb gets easier (that is, my capacity to climb), and the summits longer and closer together.

1 comment:

FrankandAsh said...

I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only one:) Sometimes I'm not sure if it's because Parker's grumpy or if it's really just me. I don't know if there is an answer, and I think with more kids that only gets harder because your life becomes more revolved around them. Maybe just make sure your allowing time for just you like going for a walk just something when you get to not care about anyone else..I dunno if you find an answer let me know, better yet write a book! jk