Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Quick Update

I know I need to put up pictures from Halloween, but since it is such a PAIN to upload pictures from my camera to my computer, I've been putting it off. Keith was a cute little scarecrow and had a great time trick-or-treating for the first time. He caught on very quickly and pulled in a pretty good haul too. His favorite part of the night though, I think was getting to be with all his cousins. He was having such a blast with everybody that when it was time to leave, we actually got resistance from him, which we usually don't get.

Everyone's been asking (quite understandably so) what is going on with me and the baby, any contractions, etc. Well, here's the 411. I went into the doctor today and she examined me (yuck, what a pain). She reported that I was at a "1.5" or a "roomy 1" which makes me very happy. I know that doesn't sound like much, but with Keith I was still totally closed until AFTER his due date and I was only at about a 3 by the time we went into the hospital, so I was quite pleased to hear this news. I have been having contractions this morning, though nothing terribly special. They've been quite mild and rather spaced, but I'm not losing hope that these might turn into "the real deal." Hopefully, in a couple days or so, I will have good news to report (even if it's only that I'm in "real" labor and slowly making my way toward the hospital). This is doubly important because if nothing has happened by next Monday they will schedule me for a c-section, which I would like to avoid at all costs! Wish me luck, hopefully I'll have good news very soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck! I know how bad you want to do this with out the surgery. I hope they turn into real labor... maybe our babies will have the same birthday!!!!