Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Busy little bees

The last 12 days have been crazy. Absolutely crazy. Friday the 3rd, we went up to Porterville/Springville area for a birthday party of a dear friend. That was great fun. Rachel came home with us since it was the beginning of her spring break. It was nice to have her around and we had a good time hanging out together. Conference was nice and I was glad to get a break from regular church. Anyone else feel that way?

Because it was spring break at Fresno State too, Paul had the week to replace all the countertops with granite and the cabinets too. He's been working pretty much nonstop since last Monday. But at least Rachel was here to kep me company! She left me Wednesday night when I took her back to Tulare. I was sad to see her go because she was keeping me company! However, I wasn't alone for long cause Melissa got here for her visit Thursday afternoon! We've been having a great time and unfortunately she left me last night too to spend some time at mom's house :( but we had a great time while she was here.

I've been wanting to sew so she brought me a quilt pattern and all the fabric to work on for Alexa. It's so cute and it's coming together really well. I've done almost all the work and I think it looks pretty good. I will post pictures when I get a chance. I think it's been hard for her to just leave me to it and be an observer, but she's been so good about it and I've learned a lot!

Paul has been working crazy hours. For those that don't know, he has a paper route too, which we've been using to pay exclusively on the principal of our car. So last Friday morning he woke up for his paper route at 4:00 then when straight to work at Fresno State. He didn't get home until 12:30 a.m. A co-worker of his pointed out that he had essentially worked a 21-hour shift. Wow. How does he do it? I have such a hard worker! Then, he proceeded to wake up at around 4:00 or 5:00 Saturday morning, throw the papers and go back to work. He's almost done though now and hopefully he'll be taking Friday off. He's certainly earned it.

And, let me just add a shout out to Paul's co-worker Ed Smith. When Paul called him Friday afternoon in a panic about the project saying his power was getting turned off and his granite guy was leaving and not coming back Saturday and wasn't even close to done, Ed made some phone calls, got him some generators and showed up to help at 4:00 or 5:00 after he finished his work day. Then, he guilted the granite guy into coming back to finish his job Saturday, bought everyone dinner and stayed until 12:30 with Paul. I love Ed.

We've been really blessed that Paul has made such great friends with the top guys at his company. They respect his work ethic and have spoken on his behalf many times. Thanks guys, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did you think it was hard for me to sit back and watch? Was I hovering? I didn't mean to! It was really easy for me... I'm so excited that some one else wants to sew and you did a great job! I'll get the fabric this week and send it to you. I had lots of fun! Thanks! Love you! Miss you!