Friday, September 18, 2009

Luxuries or Necessities?

A friend of mine gave me her old Boppy yesterday. Yeah, score. The colors washed out quite badly in this photo and it's actually quite pink. While the shock has mostly worn off now, the news still consumes my thoughts constantly, and I feel like time has slowed WAY down since Monday upon discovering what's waiting for me in less than 6 more months.

At my third pregnancy I felt like I should've been a pro, and basically educated about almost everything that I'm going through. Now, I find myself feeling like I'm starting all over. I've had to do research about nutrition and the number of calories I should be consuming and so forth. It's such a strange state to be in.

As I sit and ponder all that's going to happen when these little things come to our world, I think of all the stuff I'm going to need. Things that felt like luxuries with one baby feel almost like necessities with two coming at the same time, like an electric breast pump. So, thank you to people who are digging and finding things they don't need anymore to give me because I pretty much need it ALL!

No comments: