Thursday, October 29, 2009

they're identical....

BOYS! At three to one poor Alexa is going to be sorely outnumbered. At least for a little while. I'm not sure how I feel honestly. Though, talking through it, I have to admit that three girls within 18 months of each other could get very unpleasant! Just imagine the fight for the bathroom...or the boys...or just the high emotions in general.

On the other hand, now I have to worry about the trouble these three boys in. I can see it now: Keith will the mastermind, the boss if you will, and the twins will be his flunkies. I can just see a 12-year-old Keith convincing his 8-year-old little brothers to try something that he would never do, so when something goes horribly wrong he can point and say "it was them..." Or the Priest convincing the two naive deacons to do something stupid at Scout Camp. Oh, I don't relish the possibilities, (or the amount of windows we may have to replace!)

Some good news though, they do NOT share a sac! They are mono/di twins, meaning they have one placenta, but two separate sacs. We did see a membrane. It was a very thin membrane, but it's there, yay. I was very happy to hear that. This means they can't get wrapped in each others cords or cut off each others blood flow through the cords. There are still other risks, but this one thing is a load off.

Despite all my talking, I didn't ask about L&D. I know, crazy right? Oh well. It's kind of early to be too worried about that right now anyway (which, I suspect is what she may have said to me), and I will be seeing her AND my regular doctor every 4 for weeks, alternating every two weeks between them for now.

This means I can put all Alexa's clothes AWAY for awhile! Yay. A little bit less stuff IN the house.

Now, the naming process starts....

I'll post some ultrasound photos later. There's some pretty good ones.

1 comment:

Chelsey Hymas said...

That is so exciting!! I think I would rather the micheviousness of 3 boys then the emotional tornado 3 girls would bring! Good luck with everything!