Friday, January 15, 2010

Baby Names

We've picked out baby names.

And as I've predicted, my mom hates them. (and I don't think Paul's parents are too crazy about them either) =)

The funniest part of it is that she uses phrases like "nobody likes that name!" which makes me laugh cause either she's making it up to try to convince me or people are lying to me.

Either way, we're both too lazy (and not good enough at this) to continue looking when we're both pretty happy with the names we've picked. They will grow on people, and hopefully (i think?) their personalities will grow to match.

Anyhoo, now you're in suspense, right?





The names right now are set to be Frederick Duncan West & Sebastian Wilde West.

The question is should we put a 'k' at the end or leave it simply Frederic? I can't decide. Any thoughts from the general population out there? What seems more natural for you if you were reading or writing it?

3 comments:

Becky said...

i have a nephew named sebastian and he's a doll and i love the name...you get used to saying it pretty quickly. plus - the wilde west part - hahahahahahha...frederick is tricky...i would keep the k - i think it's the more obvious spelling choice (am i wrong? i don't know) and then he won't have to go around going "yeah, frederic without the k"...love them. love that your mom doesn't. hope you're feeling good. becky

Rebecca Susan said...

IGNORE MOM, THESE NAMES FREAKING ROCK!!!!

Oh, and I rescind my previous comment about the "k", because now that Becky says that I'm pretty sure she's right--people are more likely to spell it with a "k" (we do those kind of things in English a lot), so he'll constantly have to correct.

FrankandAsh said...

when I hear the name Frederick I think of The Sound of Music, which I love by the way, so I like the names. And I def. think it needs a k but that's just me.