Saturday, April 21, 2012

for some reason...

i thought it was going to get easier when we got here. 

i'm not sure why. 

i knew we were stepping into the unknown.

with no family, and no friends. 

no job, and no real knowledge of the area.

i guess it was the fact that we were doing what we were supposed to do.

but that has never been a guarantee for either success or ease.

sure, it helps, but if it were that simple--and quick--it wouldn't be much of a test. 

and i know it hasn't been very long.

still, this has been hard.

smaller paychecks, higher bills, less resources and physical support.

it hasn't all been bad.

and there are still many, many blessings to count.

but i'm feeling very overwhelmed much of the time.

and hoping and praying that maybe, just maybe, there's a light at the end of the tunnel of this financial trial.

because the desire to curl up and cry is getting stronger every day.

1 comment:

FrankandAsh said...

oh I feel so bad for you, I hate those days when life just feels so overwhelming and it feels as if your drowning! I was feeling that way a little while back and I prayed about it and the next day at church we had this lesson about serving..anyway pretty much the part that really hit me, was this life just isn't easy! Kind of like the quote, I never said it would be easy, but it will be worth it..I know that's wrong, but you get the point! Anyway sorry I know that was so not helpful feeling, but I've decided to stop living for the day when things are going to get better and enjoying my blessings that I have now. Some days are easier than others. This economy is just super discouraging. Frank's getting ready to apply to go back and get his masters at BYU (30 grand later!) Hang in there, things will get better!