Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Giving In, I Suppose

Well, I guess I'm giving in to the blog pressure. I still don't think that I'll probably have much to write, as most of the things that would be interesting are things I generally would not share with the general public, but there are other things sometimes too, so I guess I'll give in to the pressure and, well...here's my first official blog.

It's fun for me to read what's going on in my family members' lives, so maybe someone else will be interested in the mundane things going on in my life...maybe not. Who knows? But, since I can't find my journal right now, I figure at least I'll have something written down maybe to print out later, so at least they will be written down.

For instance, very funny story. Paul and I and Keith, of course, went to Target to look for some much needed jeans for Paul and maybe some shorts for me. Since it has been so long since Paul has bought any new jeans, I made him take in 3 different pairs to see what I liked on him. When he came out with one pair on, Keith, who was standing on the shopping cart pointed at him and said "Turn. Turn." And of course, Paul obliged, turning around to the back, then back around to the front. When he was finished Keith said "Cute!" It was the funniest thing. It's interesting to hear what comes out of your children's mouths when they start talking. There are many phrases or words I didn't realize I used as much as I do until they started coming out of Keith's mouth. He says "Bless you" when you sneeze OR cough. He says "s'cuse me", he says "please" and "thank you" a lot which makes me look great in front of strangers, haha. But, it's also good to realize I've been setting a good example. He's just started saying "welcome" and "sorry" a lot too. It's awesome!

Anyway, I won't make this one super long. I will come back soon and post pictures. I need to download a bunch off the camera. The river in town is in danger of flooding due to higher-than-average temperatures right now, combined with a ridiculous amount of snow this year. Everyday it's noticeably higher than the day before. Fortunately, we live all the way across town! But, before it got too high, Keith played in the water for a good half hour on Saturday. The fact that it's snow run-off didn't bother him at all!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Funny story! And don't you love it when kids are so polite! Especially at their age! Ben is always saying sorry for things Ryan does. It's kind of funny because he usually says it before Ryan even. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Anonymous said...

HOOORRRAYYYY!!!! I love it! good story! Can't wait for the pictures:)