Thursday, May 29, 2008

You wouldn't believe this!

Okay, so here's the deal. I found this book for potty training online from www.thepottytrainer.com. It was just a downloadable book by this chick who's potty trained over 300 kids, literally (she works in a day care), including her own. So, for $7 I downloaded it. All the testimonials on the site were just fabulous, so I figured I'd try it for that price. Here's what's happened since.

Yesterday was day one. In the morning I took off the diaper and said "okay, no more diapers. You're a big boy now." I set timers for every 20 or so minutes and put him on the toilet. He didn't pee the first couple of times. The first time he DID pee, it was not in the toilet, but he freaked out immediately, knowing that's not what he was supposed to do, and stopped the stream...impressive huh? So, I moved him to the toilet and he finished his pee. Anyway, to make a long story short, basically the whole morning went that way. It was awful. Just when I thought I would go seriously crazy, around 4:00 he emptied his bladder for the first time in the toilet. A REAL pee. It was awesome, and he was so happy! Between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm, he did that 3 times!

Day two: He woke up this morning and I took his diaper off, and put his underwear on him. He had a couple accidents early on, but he always stopped mis-stream when he realized what he was doing, and he'd finish on the toilet. We put him down for a nap in a diaper, but when he woke up 2 hours later it was completely dry, and I put him on the toilet immediately and he emptied his bladder. Since about 10:00 he hasn't had one single accident! That includes a trip we took to Rexburg to go to Wal-Mart! He's so pleased with himself every time. He shouts "I did it!" with a big smile. (Paul heard him from outside the women's bathroom at Wal-Mart, lol). It's now after 5:00 on Day 2, and he hasn't had an accident since early this morning. It's AMAZING! I think he's going to be the easiest child to potty train ever! How did I get so lucky?

1 comment:

Rebecca Susan said...

Hooray for potty training!! I'm glad its going so well. That's always a nice time in life. All potty trained before baby!! Yay!