Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Christmas Survey

I opened up Becky's and thought, why not? Especially since my last 3 (or was it 4 now?) posts were pictures.

1. Do you like hot chocolate or egg nog?
I like both, though I don't usually drink my egg nog straight. I prefer to cut my egg nog with some milk to tone down the flavor. And I LOVE gourmet hot coco, mmm.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
Of course they're wrapped! What fun would it be if I could see them all??

3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house?
Depends on where they are. If they're on a house, I prefer white lights, or plain blue lights are nice too. But o I like colored lights cause they're just so pretty!

4. Traditional Christmas or contemporary/Mod Christmas?
I'm not entirely sure what a "contemporary" Christmas is, so I guess I'll have to go with traditional. I love the traditional music especially.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
As soon as I can! But certainly no later than the first weekend of December cause if I can't enjoy everything for at least 2 full weeks then it kind of feels like a waste of time and especially money (for the tree and stuff).

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I'm really not sure. I can't think of anything that stands out really. Is that sad?

7. What is your favorite holiday memory from your childhood?
I don't really have one. I didn't really like Christmas for a long time. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it either.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Nope. We never did and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Course, you have to have enough gifts to have something to open Christmas Eve without giving up all of the Christmas fun, lol. And it could be a few years before we get there!

9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Right now, it's pretty pathetic. There's pretty much nothing on it but lights and two different Fresno Temple ornaments. We have nothing.

10. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Neither. I don't love it, but we don't get it here so I certainly don't dread it. I did while I was in Idaho though cause they never plowed the roads in our town and I didn't like driving on the ice (or Paul having to drive on the ice everyday).

11. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I would have to say probably the Christmas that I got a bicycle. I was sick with the flu (like usual) and laying on the couch and there was a knock (or ring? or nothing? I'm not sure, it was a LONG time ago) at the door and my dad told me I should answer it and it was a bicycle! It was like something you see on a TV show. It was also my first bike and I've only had one other since then. I miss having a bike!

12. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Having my family together, and keeping the spirit of Christmas in Christmas.

13. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I really can't think of one. I like fudge, though we never made it in our house, and I love good homemade breads like Banana and Pumpkin.

14. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I would have to say probably picking out/decorating the tree. I love the smell it brings into my house and I love how my house feels different the whole time it's up. There's just a different feeling in the air.

15. What tops your tree?
Nothing. We haven't gotten that far yet. This is the first year we've ever had a tree, so we don't have much to put on it, especially a topper. But eventually I'd like to get a star.

16. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
I like both, but definitely giving. I wish I had a little more money though cause this year I don't have enough to give to ANYBODY and it makes me sad. At least Keith will be able to open presents Christmas morning.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
"O Holy Night" for a religious song and "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" cause musically it's so much fun and really cool. Also love "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

18. Candy canes?
Love them, but only at Christmas and only in small pieces. Plus, the tree doesn't look complete without them, which reminds me, I need to buy some!

19. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?
Uh, yeah! Who doesn't? Well, probably atheists, but other than that. Seriously, Christmas stuff comes out the day after Halloween (sometimes sooner). Give me a break!

20. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
A Charlie Brown Christmas and White Christmas

21. Can you ice skate?
It's been a very long time, but both times I went as a kid I did very well. I was even skating backwards before the day was over.

22. Are all your Christmas presents ready yet?
Nope. They're all in the mail for Keith, hopefully to be here soon, and I have to get a stocking together for Paul (since that's pretty much all we'll be doing). . .oh, and one for Keith, though he still needs a stocking first, haha.

If you'd like to do it, consider yourself tagged.

No comments: