Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surprise!

Yesterday morning while I was talking to my hubby online he asked if I wanted to go see a movie. To which I replied, "sure." Then he said something about my mom saying she'd take the kids for us. I said "we're going to go all the way to Tulare for a movie?" But, in it's weird way it made sense anyway. His parents live across town, but we don't ask them to babysit much because they've been out of the "baby/toddler" phase for so long Keith usually ends up having an accident at their house or something. Plus, they just do things SO different from me.

Anyway, we left for Tulare and got to mom's house. As we were getting ready to leave for the movie mom asked us to take something to Rachel, who was at the Morris's (<-- is that proper?) house. I asked what she was doing over there and mom said she was helping to get ready for a baby shower for a chick in their ward who recently had her baby. So, off we went. I, not wanting to be late for the movie, called Rachel on the way to tell her to come out and get her bag. When we got there and Paul became adamant that I get out of the car to give her her bag, I FINALLY started to get an inkling of what was going on. It was a surprise baby shower for me! And I was truly surprised. I mean, obviously by the time I actually walked in the door I knew what was going on, but up until that point I had no clue.

My sisters Becky and Amanda decided to throw me a baby shower. It was so sweet of them! When Amanda found out what Paul had used to get me to Tulare she said "That's lame! He couldn't come up with anything better than that?" But honestly, it wasn't that weird a request to me, so I didn't suspect. It was slightly difficult since we were in Tulare Friday and then again Sunday. But I used to make that drive to Fresno every day and from a house way out on the south side, and in the country, of Tulare, so it wasn't a big deal to me! What's most impressive is that Paul kept the secret from me for 2 weeks (or so; . .I'm not sure when this all started)!

It was a great shower. Since Paul couldn't stall me, I got there before most of the guests, but it was still fun watching them come in since I had no idea who'd been invited. It was like one on-going surprise. I got some GREAT clothes for Alexa, and the best part: they weren't all pink! In fact, they weren't mostly pink. Not that I don't like pink, cause i do, but that's pretty much all I have right now! Everyone was so generous giving me 2 or 3 things each, and it was a great crowd. Becky and Amanda and Rachel did a good job on the guest list. What a great surprise! I have great sisters. It's kind of fun to all be having girls together. For once, there will be an outnumbered boy! Though, in the long run, the odds will still be in his favor. Oh well. =) Thanks girls!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wish I could have been there! Sounds like it was fun!