Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yay for Holiday Bonuses!

Paul called me today, and I didn't get the phone call, so he left a message saying a needed to call him. He sounded a little agitated so I was bracing myself for bad news (a ticket or another bill--something like that). Turns out, it was GOOD news! He got his Holiday bonus (which I had basically forgotten about) and it was big! We can afford to buy a car now! Yay!

The conversation started out "Do you want to buy a car?"

And of course I said, "Uh, right now?"

"No, not right now, but soon. I got my bonus." And it was much bigger than either of us were anticipating. I'm very grateful for a responsible company who chose to forgo the big holiday party in L.A. (including the cost of putting everyone up in hotels and such) and instead spending the money on marketing because of the awful economy and holiday bonuses. Cause, let's face it, most of us would just rather have the money anyway, right?

We've been really good about saving money the last few months, but we spent a little more this month than usual and I was guilty feeling and wondering how we were ever going to give Keith any kind of Christmas (not to mention Paul's 30th [so it's kind of an important one] birthday). My only consolation was that I had all the month's bills paid by the 3rd of the month except one $40 bill due on the 30th. But, now I can afford to get him a birthday present, and we can afford to buy a car with a decent down payment (and without using the money we HAVE been saving, so we won't be totally broke) and maybe even buy a garage door opener or something, haha. I would just like to say, I have a very strong testimony of tithing! Just when I start to get crazy about money something happens to make me heave a sigh of relief and realize we're being taken care of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray!

Becky said...

I have your treats sitting next to me - ready to mail...just email your new address - nbbrown2@netzero.com...sorry it took so long - we had to leave town and it was insane getting out the door and then I've been sick - not infectious sick (your goodies are safe) - just parathyroid sick...so email while everything is fresh (new batches)...or let me know if you're going to be in town this week - bb