Monday, October 13, 2008

Growing babies and lawns

We had such a productive day Saturday! Friday night, I was really starting to feel that we should get a car seat so that we had that done. I realized I was starting to get edgy about the things we have left to do (like get a mattress for Keith so that the crib is free again), and I was starting to kind of panic. With 4 weeks to go I know that's kind of irrational, but when you're pregnant you can't always help those kinds of feelings. So, we went out looking Friday night and looked everywhere that I could think of. Finally, at Wal Mart I found one I kind of liked, so, thinking that I wasn't going to be able to find anything else, we bought it. I said if I found something else I could always take it back.

Then I discovered Baby Depot online, which is inside Burlington Coat Factory. We went there Saturday morning, after Paul changed his break pads and rotors that were making some awful noises, and I actually found THREE there that I liked! I couldn't believe it. I actually had to choose. Fortunately, Paul kind of had a favorite among the three, saving me the chore of choosing myself. He took the other one back this morning and I'm so happy I don't have to have one I only kind of like, especially since it will have to last through at least another 2 kids.

I like the color and I think the polka dots, combined with the stripes makes it pretty gender neutral . . . like it?

Anyway, after that we went to Home Depot and got a rake and seed and top soil fertilizer, and then we proceeded to take most of the rest of the day to seed our dirt. I've been watering faithfully since then (I know, it's only been 2 days), but I hope to be able to post a picture of actual grass in a few weeks. For now it looks like this:


Saturday I woke up feeling quite sick with a nasty cold and awful sore throat. I thought it might be coming on since I sensed it in Keith Friday night, but it sure hit me hard. I helped with the seeding and such, but after raking the length of the yard once after I put down the seed, I was done. Between the pregnancy and the cold, I felt like someone had hit me with a shovel. It wasn't terribly pleasant, but at least we got something accomplished.

Yesterday, since Keith and I were so sick, Paul went to Church by himself. When I came in from watering my dirt in the morning, I found him in the shower at 11:02. I said "So, I take it you're not going to church?"

And he was like "What do you mean? Yeah, I am."

Then I told him that church started at 11:00...and it was already past.

He just looked at my funny and said, "What? Since when does church start at 11:00? I thought it started at 11:30."

And i had to tell him . . . "Uh, since we got in this ward."

He didn't understand why he thought it started at 11:30 Well, in Tulare it does, but not here. So, though he went, he was late and missed sacrament. And THEN he came home with a calling . . . maybe he should've just stayed home! He was called to be the Webelos leader, which didn't surprise me at all since both wards we were in in ID tried to call him to scouts. It was only a matter of time.

I'm finally feeling a little better now, so hopefully by tomorrow morning I will be almost back to normal . . . just in time for another dr. appointment . . . woohoo. I've got officially less than one month to go, and I'm ready to be there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohoh I really like your car seat! I didn't even think about going to burlington! I'll have to take a look and see if I can find something I like there. Good luck with your grass. It took us about 3 weeks or so to start seeing the results so you'll have to be patient... but it'll come. Bummer your sick but glad you're already feeling better. It's funny about the calling cause Jen and Paul have that calling I'm pretty sure.