Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Long Awaited Blog...Sorry it took so long!


Okay, so finally now, we are now only in our new house, but I finally have the internet connected. For some reason, the people that come to install things at our new house never seem to have an easy time (the Dish guy had some trouble too). When we called to set up an appointment to have our phone/internet installed by ATT they couldn't get us in for over a week! So, finally they showed up here this last Wednesday, and the guy had been here 5 minutes when he came in and said "I'm sorry, but I can't do anything until you get a box installed outside to run the fiber optic into the house." That wasn't his job, and the it
was already after 4 by the time he FINALLY showed up at my house (it was supposed to be between 10-2) so the guy whose job it was was already off for the day. Thursday he showed up pretty early and got it taken care of. Friday a different ATT guy came to try to hook up the internet/phone again and was successful!...half way. We still don't have a phone for some strange reason. We can make calls out, but if you try to call in, you get a message saying the number isn't hooked up. But, at least we have the internet! Hopefully the phone issue will be resolved shortly. For reference the # is (will be) 559-375-1114.

Our new address is 5347 E. Atchison St. Fresno, CA 93727. We finally have a "permanent" address! I'm so very excited. So, as I promised, the long awaited pictures.

Funny story, after about a week in the house, Paul and I were about to leave to go somewhere when he walked back into the house saying "I'll be right back." He came back out and goes, "We don't have a doorbell." I looked around and sure enough, we have no doorbell! The box for the doorbell is in the hallway all hooked up and everything...they just forgot to put the button outside! They did the same thing inside in the dining room. They drywalled right over the light switch. I'm pretty sure, if the Beazer woman hadn't noticed and written it down, I would have gone a whole month before saying "Huh, ya know, I wonder how you turn those lights on up there..." Oh well. That's one of the things you have to deal with buying a new house...however, they fix all that stuff for free too, so whatever.

Well, here are the long awaited pictures. These are from when we first signed papers, so obviously the house is empty, but it's better than nothing for now, and I can put up more later. There's still a lot of boxes sitting around right now.

<----My very pretty master bath. That's the shower right there on the right side, and behind the open door is the "water closet"













This is the view from the from door. This is where my piano will go! There are 3 little square windows high up on the left side. Through that arch is the kitchen/dining. The dining table is on the left now.------>


<----This is the living room and yes, that is a 10-foot high brick wall in the back. There's train tracks behind us. They don't have much traffic. That is where our TV sits now.












This is my awesome kitchen. I pretty much love it. Tons of counter space, and I love the color of the cabinets. --------------------------->


Anyway. You get the gist. Like I said, I'll take more of what it looks like with all our stuff in it now. We got blinds too this week, so that's also very nice. Shortly we'll be seeding the backyard. Paul tilled it yesterday, so hopefully in not-too-long we'll have grass in the backyard too!

Don't forget to vote on my poll if you haven't yet. I'm 5 weeks away from my due date and SO ready to go
.

No comments: